November 9, 2008

gifties & dancing

We had Jason's going away party on Friday--it was so wonderful not to have to go into work! And it was of course the most beautiful day we've had in a while. 72 degrees, no humidity, and sunny. Reminds me of the spring days we have in California! We went to a local sushi place--I was not digging it. I had one piece and had to choke through it. I ordered a ginger salad and miso soup after that. The Marines in Jason's shop presented him with a really beautiful plaque (in the shape of North Carolina). It will go in his "I Love Me" room.



In other news, we've started taking swing dancing lessons! A bit ridiculous since we're moving right? Nope! We're taking them via YouTube! I love YouTube! All we did was type in swing dancing and video after video popped up. We've been modifying some of the moves to make them fit better for us. I'm trying to teach Jason that dancing is interpretive and all about what feels good to your body. We've been having so much fun. I can't wait to get out to California and go back to our old stomping grounds. We've even found an actual swing dance club out there where we can take more lessons once we're ready for person-to-person lessons.

This is the set of videos we're using right now, but hopefully we'll be ready to move on soon. I really want to learn the Lindy Hop and the Jitterbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
~ Author Unknown

In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!