September 22, 2009

breaking up is hard to do

It started off like most relationships do. A casual introduction by an old friend. You spend the day together, you enjoy one another's company, and by the time you have to say goodbye at night you know that you absolutely must see each other again! Such was the beginning of my relationship with L’OrĂ©al True Match Foundation. Cinnamon introduced me to him during our photo shoot in August. I waited (like a good girl) until I'd finished the relationship with my current foundation, then promptly ran out and found W2. And like most relationships, in the beginning things were wonderful between us. W2 was always faithful, never let me down, and always made sure I looked beautiful.

But in the last few weeks we started having problems. I thought maybe he was angry because I'd been neglecting my facial routine. When that didn't solve the problem I thought maybe he didn't like the new people I was seeing, RoC Night Cream and Neutrogena Healthy Defence Moisturizer (Neutrogena had been getting on my nerves anyway, but I'll keep her in my address book for future engagements). So I took a break from them and stuck exclusively to our old friend, Ponds Facial Cream. But when things still weren't working out, I finally turned to my all time BFF, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for support. Surely this would help fix things between us?! But alas, this morning, he forced my hand.


(Notice the way the foundation is literally flaking off my face like latex paint.)

And so, we broke up. But, like all women, I'm not a stranger to heartache and I rebounded immediately. My former BFF, Clinique, had been so good to me these past few weeks, I agreed to meet a new friend of hers to add to my social circle. We have a date tomorrow morning. His name is Even Better Makeup SPF 15 and I'm very anxious to meet him. Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion says they work great together, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a (once more) balanced group of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
~ Author Unknown

In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!