February 26, 2010

shopping: therapy for the soul

I have the great fortune of spending this afternoon with two of my favorite people: my hubby (of course ♥) and my sister's childhood friend, Nichole. Nichole is the sweetest little thing you could ever meet. I've known her since she was about eight years old, and in many ways consider her to be a part of our family (she played the piano for us at our wedding). She moved to Kansas last year, so I haven't see her for a while.

What's on my shopping and to-do list? Well, I'm so glad you asked! ;)

POTTERY BARN
  • Return couch covers, return duvet cover, return pillow cases (all totaling over $300 worth of merchandise--yikes! I told you I had a nasty little return habit!)
  • Possibly return this vase set I bought. I really loved it in the catalogue and in the store, but for some reason I'm not loving it in our house.
  • Purchase a medium sized Ella canister for our coffee table (the one with the lime-looking things in it). I plan to put a couple of Narcissus bulbs in the bottom with some river stones. Young House Love featured this idea as a Christmas gift and I could never get it out of my head. I purchased the bulbs on Amazon for $12 and I got an entire bag of bulbs! I was shocked! I guess I missed the little description that said "10 bulbs."



    CRATE & BARREL
  • Purchase this bamboo dish rack. We purchased this bistro dish rack from Ballard Designs, but too late did I realize that a.) it was almost too large for our counter top, and b.) didn't match the "accidental" theme I have going on. Without trying to, I find myself gravitating towards honey colored wood tones and polished silver metals. So unfortunately, the black iron stuck out in a not-so-good way.

    I recently purchased these vintage hanging trays from Etsy, knowing exactly where I wanted them to hang on one of our kitchen walls. See with the honey colored wood? I think it helps warm up all the white we have in there. Plus it will play off a few of the colors the living room will have when it's finished (and that's a good thing since our entire downstairs is completely open).



    I'm really, really hoping to have the wall unit fully painted by the end of the weekend, as well as get up the tutorial for painting large pieces without a bunch of fancy equipment! Have a great weekend!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

    "Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
    ~ Author Unknown

    In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!