May 7, 2009

5 pounds

Before I get into the post, I want to share with you two things. First, this video Stephanie shot while at Disneyland. We took Grace on the the Storybook Land Boats since it was both a kid and adult friendly ride. Ever wonder what I sound like? This video has a sound bite of me actually speaking! For the record, the one gasping so much is Stephanie, not me! ;0)

Second, my outfit from our trip down to Palm Springs. My head got horribly sunburned from the above trip and now my scalp is peeling. Ick! So I had to design an entire outfit--fit for a lot of walking--around my straw fedora. I also wanted to stick with light colors because the desert is getting hot!



Straw fedora from Anchor Blue, blue tank top by Back Stage, tan jeans from JC Penny, flip flops by Collin Stuart, necklace by Cookie Lee, straw tote by Coach.


Moving on, my friend Katie just started up her own blog. She's still getting her blogging legs, but stop on by and check it out. She plans to chronicle her search for Mr. Right and a new figure. Speaking of which, she and I are both trying to keep each other accountable on our eating and exercising habits. My main goal is toning up. Weight loss would be a bonus, but what I need to do is just get myself back in shape. Okay, let's be honest: as vain and stupid as it sounds, I really would love to lose about five pounds, since it will bring me back down to my best weight.

Yesterday I did my most thorough workout yet. I did a 40-minute walk and a 15-minute exercise video. I'm finding that it's easier for me to keep track of my progress by using a spread sheet. I weigh in weekly [and have gained 1 pound since I started actively doing this, frown] but as Hubbs says, I'm not going to see results right away since I'm already a small person.

I've also taken a cue from Jitterbug and have been trying to cut my eating off at 8:00 pm. This is much harder than it sounds especially because we just found out that Hubbs is going to be in the night class for his next course of school . He won't get out until 7:00--which means dinner has to be on the table when he gets home in order for me to make my deadline! I'm hoping I'll also be able to tack on another walk after dinner to help burn off the meal.

It's going to be a challenge, but I've already jumped one major hurdle. I've cut a big chunk of sweets out of my diet; I only eat sweets that I bake here at home. So, one hurdle down... how many to go??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
~ Author Unknown

In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!