May 11, 2010

Wishin' & Hopin' (a.k.a. a new project)

I'm so sorry in advanced if anyone now has that syrupy sweet song stuck in their head! =) But that's what I'm doing for tomorrow's outing with Mom. We're going to a local industrial-salvage-flea-market-farm place in hopes that I'll be able to find some of those things I've been searching oh so hard for at other places. I know, I know, I'm being cryptic. I'll tell you what the heck I'm jabbering about.

Jason and I have never had a proper outdoor space. From our first teeny-tiny-can-barely-move apartment, to the newly-built-you-have-to-do-all-the-work-yourself-and-you-don't-know-anything-about-DIY house in North Carolina, to the holy-hell-it's-actually-hotter-than-hell-out-here grassless backyard in 29 Palms, our current home is the first time we've actually lived in a place where a backyard isn't just a dream, it's actually a reality. And I aim to take advantage of that!

I started by cheating. I began to look at all the matching sets they carry in places like Wal-Mart, Sears, Target, BB&B, and so on. In my defence, K-Mart was running their "layaway" commercials and my subconscious was duped into believing it needed a retail set. I had this one all picked out from Wal-Mart.


But, that was until The Nesting Place shared this photo from Home Sweet Inspiration.


And that's what I've been looking so freaking hard for--vintage, used, old outdoor furniture. And would you believe me when I say it's the hardest freaking stuff to find?! Does no one thrown out wicker anymore?? I've also got my eye out for an old metal baby crib. I saw this one when Miss Mustard Seed shared her space with us for the parade of homes. I thought it would work equally well outdoors (using outdoor cushions and fabrics of course)!


There's still a matter of some sort of canopy or gazebo, but I think my little brain has whipped up an idea. Of course, the idea won't exactly work unless there is furniture underneath it! So wish me luck, as I hope to find a few pieces tomorrow with Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
~ Author Unknown

In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!