May 3, 2010

I {heart} junk



- Tidy up for house guest (my friend Katie)

- Katie's birthday dinner

- Paint picture frames

- Print photos

- Paint curtain rods and brackets

- Hang curtains

- Return item to Overstock.com

- Return "wrong" curtain to JC Penney

- Purchase new pillow cases at Target

- Hit ESW for side table lamp

Every Wednesday I usually go into town and hang out with my mom. A couple weeks ago we went to Goodwill, where I saw a really cute old fashioned end table. I hemmed and hawed over whether I should take it home but decided not to jump on it right away. For a week all I could do was think about that table! So this past Wednesday, Mom and I went back and we picked it up.




I plan to paint it and remove the chicken-wire looking stuff from the sides. But to the tune of only $12, I'm so glad I went back for it! I think a two-story night stand is going to be perfect in our guest room. I love the fact that it's large enough for a lamp, a clock, and any other odds and ends our guests may bring with them.

Other goodies we picked up while we were there included a couple 8x10 picture frames. IKEA is starting to do away with their RAM picture frames (boo! pout!) and I was not willing to move up to their next "affordable" wood style, RIBBA. They run about $10 a piece! These frames were only $2 and $3 respectively.



We also happened to go into an antique village where I found a very large galvanized tin bucket for only $5! I kept checking and rechecking the price making sure it was right! And to cap off our day, Mom also bestowed upon me this old tin milk jug which is going to go outside on our patio once I start getting that situated!


All in all we had a blast and I'm itching to do some more thrifting with her! We're already planning in a couple of weeks for her to stay with me again so we can hit up all the beach side thrift stores around here. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
~ Author Unknown

In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!