August 4, 2009

oddly quiet on the western front

I've been quite the little slug the past few days. I had to go for my yearly check up and my doctor decided I needed my booster shots. For four miserable days I laid in bed vainly stretching both arms in an attempt to work out my muscles--I had a tetanus shot in one shoulder, and a Hep A/B cocktail in the other. I was tired, cranky, and I didn't run for a week! Hence, I had nothing to blog about unless you wanted to hear my ramblings on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," my strong dislike for Faith, and how over the whole Angel-losing-his-soul-and-getting-it-back thing. The only thing I really discovered during that period is that you can actually buy a replica of the Vampyr book in the opening credits--I'm only slightly tempted as the price is more for hardcore fans. I'd keep a cross, some holy water, and maybe a little stake inside of it!

On the other hand, I did find a headboard that both Jason and I like! It's from Ashley Furniture (same as our coffee table) and when I go to San Diego next week (yay!) I'm going to swing by and see if they can quote me a price. Hopefully it won't be too bad as all I want is the headboard. We did agree though that once in our possession, we'd paint over those gold accents. Not quite our style.



However, all of our projects have been on hold because our assets are literally frozen. Jason didn't get a paycheck for an entire month (a huge to-do with the administration side of the Marine Corps) and we've wiped out a big chunk of our savings just trying to stay afloat. We took out a small loan, planning to use it for some home improvement projects, but now that money is hanging in our savings account should we need to use it. Thankfully, as of August fifteenth we should be back to normal and we're praying that Jason's signing bonus kicks in any day now. I've never been in this kind of financial hold, but I'm so thankful we were able to keep our bills paid and keep food on the table. It also makes me happy it's just the two of us!

So right now we're in a state of suspension, as we can't do much of anything unless it's super cheap (like seeing "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" on base--only $1 per person and free sodas)! I do have a big project that I'm trying to work on, but I'll save it for another post. God knows I may need all the ideas I can now that my life is on PAUSE! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
~ Author Unknown

In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!