January 15, 2010

a case of the mondays




- Take down Christmas lights

- Plant ground cover (it's been pouring all weekend! so this was out!)

- Finish stuffing couches

- Slip cover couches (we got one done!)

- Finish stripping and sanding table for mom's friend

- Weed whack backyard


Unfortunately this weekend was a little on the awful side. I was super emotional, super stressed, and went through all day Saturday cursing myself and some of the choices I'd made along the DIY road. Thankfully, my wonderful husband stepped in, calmed me down, and really pitched in this weekend (he was the one who slip covered the couch)! Anyone who knows us knows that I'm the DIY-er. I have dreams of someday being a husband and wife team, but that day isn't coming anytime soon. ;)

Anyhoo, I bit off way more than I could chew by trying to tackle too many projects at once. Our office still isn't complete, and yet I've moved onto working on the master bedroom, the living room, and then I took on an outside project for one of my mom's friends. Let me just say, I will never ever do a DIY project for someone else again. It's so not enjoyable for me. I should be able to wrap it up this week, and I have a feeling I'll be much happier once I do.

So I'm going to try and slow down, refocus, and start finishing my projects before I start on others (I actually managed to stick to this goal for quite sometime).

Now, I'm off to tie up a lot of loose ends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
~ Author Unknown

In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!