January 20, 2010

update

Big sigh of relief. My first (and last) DIY-project-for-someone-else is finally finished. The polyurethane top coat is drying as we speak, and tomorrow afternoon, I'll be taking the newly stained and glossed table top back to her home. It will be so nice to regain our dinning room! Normally I work in our garage, however, California has been hit with some unseasonably cold weather and bad storms. The garage has been too cold to work in because nothing will dry. I had to haul everything inside and make space in our dinning room, which already houses our large pedestal table and six chairs! So to have some of our house back will be sheer bliss!

In the meantime, when I haven't been sanding, stripping, staining, sleeping, or going to the gym, I worked on my antique chair and an industrial desk freebie that we used to use for the computer. I'm turning it into my sewing desk! I'm really, really hoping to have the entire office done by next week. I'm shooting for Monday, but I'm waiting on some fabric so a lot will depend on when it arrives.

Sunday my friend Katie and I are going to a Pottery Barn decorating class! I'm so excited, I can't wait! I have no idea what to expect, but I know we get a little discount coupon after the class. Have I mentioned that I've never physically shopped in a Pottery Barn before? So this is a first!

I'll be back later this week with some more pictures of the office. And hopefully soon, we'll have a big reveal!

It looks like the rain may have paused for a bit, so I'm going to try and get some of my new flowers planted! Poor little things are still in their crate from Home Depot!

But for now, I leave you with a little poetry:

This morning, the sun was shinning off the leftover rain drops.
It glistened in the puddles along the side of the road.
The Surf Liner slid by effortlessly, its wheels click-click-clicking along the tracks.
The breeze blew through the palm trees, making their fronds sway to and fro.
And the Marines were singing cadence.

When a day starts like that, how can it be anything but perfect?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
~ Author Unknown

In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!