February 12, 2009

goodies

Look what arrived yesterday! (Please forgive my end-of-the-day-hair and sweater combo--it was cold last night.)





This little green one was also tucked inside. I don't know if I have anything to wear it with, but it sure is cute!



This morning I've been scouring Etsy and eBay for a set of vintage dishes. Jitterbug posted this picture in one of her posts and I have been on a mission to find something like these adorable little dishes ever since.



I'd like a set that looks simple, clean, and vintage, but it absolutely must go with my little white tea cups, and include coffee cups with saucers. I hate that mugs have replaced cups and saucers. Don't get me wrong, every now and then I do love a mug of hot steamy goodness, but cups and saucers just add that extra little pizazz. I'd also like for them to be red, or have some red in them. I'm thinking I could also do blue and white transferware on top of a red table cloth; it would look very patriotic.

Now, fabulous vintage ladies, won't you be proud of me? I was going to nip over to Target and buy this set (minus the mugs):

But, instead I decided not to take the easy way out and hunt for a gorgeous vintage set instead. Here's what I've found so far. From eBay, this adorable set would definitely put the cherry on my sundae! I'll just have to see if it's too "girly" for Hubbs.



From Etsy, this dogwood set is gorgeous, but alas, no red, and no coffee cups.



Purely for enjoyment, are these not the cutest plates you've ever seen? If I had a dressing room I'd buy these just to hang on the wall as art!



So far that's all I've been able to find that strikes my fancy, but the beauty of buying vintage is you never know when something great is going to pop up!

4 comments:

  1. absolutely jealous of all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely hold out for vintage, becuase it has a certain feel. I agree with the mugs as we use our coffee cups and saucers every morning, though hubby does like a mug now and then, so I am going to be 'inheriting' a set of white fireking 1950s coffee mugs, which are of course mug shaped but much smaller than todays mugs and they will look a treat on my table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful hair piece...

    if you don't need it right now, i'd wait for a beautiful vintage set

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH! I love the red feather hair clip!!! Xoxo <3 Üdo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
~ Author Unknown

In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!