February 25, 2009

my water smells like summer

You know the smell I'm talking about. On a hot summer's day you stop for a quick glass of water. It's been sitting there for a bit so the outside is all dewy and the ice cubes have melted a little. As you tip it to your lips, you happen to catch a whiff of something crisp. Something fresh. Something you can't quite put your finger on, but you know you'll remember the smell forever. Today my water smelled like that.

It had been sitting on the counter as I rushed around the house tidying up to my own little pace. I'm beginning to realize that I'm much more of a clean-the-house-all-at-once-and-tidy-up-as-needed kind of housewife than your typical do-something-everyday type. But in any event, I walked over and took a gulp and caught that familiar smell. I have all the windows open today which is a first! It's finally warming up and the days of fifty degrees with icy wind seem to be dissipating. It seems to be doing wonders for my mood too, because to be honest, I've been a little depressed lately. Truth be told, it might help if I let the sunshine in more often!

I'll leave with a shot of my favorite little nook in my house. Feeling the breeze come through the screen slider, and enjoying the sound of the bells ringing somewhere nearby are memories I will come to treasure for a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. I opened up all the windows around here today to give everything a good airing out. I love it when the weather warms up--even if it is just to the high 50's! I love to see my lace curtains blow in the breeze. It is delightful.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I love comments and I read each and every one of them. You can also contact me by e-mail if you want to chat!

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it."
~ Author Unknown

In other words: Be nice or I will delete you!